Sunday, March 25, 2012

LOTD: Bright Eyes with elf Spring Collection






Today I stopped by Target to kill some time. My daughter wanted to get out of the house. Lucky for me the new elf Spring Collection was on display. I wanted everything but I settled for two items, the 85 piece complete the look palette which includes 60 eyeshadows, 20 lip colors, 3 blushes and 2 bronzers and the 100 piece eyeshadow palette. 




elf 85 piece complete the look palette


elf 100 piece eyeshadow palette





I used four colors from the 100 piece palette (yellow, teal, turquoise, and lavender). I started with Maybelline Color Tattoo creme eyeshadow in Tenacious Teal as a base. Elf eyeshadows generally always need a base to stick to as they tend to fly away (get powdery). I smoothed a thin layer of the color tattoo creme eye shadow onto the parts of the eyelid that I would place the eyeshadow on.




First I patted a shimmery yellow eyeshadow onto the inner tear duct area.
Next I placed a teal green beside that somewhat overlapping the two colors.
Then I added a bright metallic turquoise color to the outer V or outer 1/3.
Next I placed a metallic lavender color onto my lower eyelid.
I lined my eyes with a midnight blue eyeliner pencil by Mally Roncal.
I used the darkest bronzer from elf 85 piece collection to contour my face.
I applied Rimmel Super WOW Lash mascara in extreme black to my eyelashes.
I chose a shimmery peach blush from Tarte (no name) for my cheeks.
I selected a mango colored lipstick called Smooch by NYC #407B




I really enjoyed using all of these new elf eyeshadows. As usual the matte shadows are not well pigmented, powdery, and generally suck. However some of these shimmery colors are awesome, like that metallic turquoise I used on the outer V. Love it. Very much worth the $10 a piece for each palette. Please let me know if you have any requested looks or color schemes.
Until next post. Ciao :)

No comments:

Post a Comment