Friday, January 27, 2012

Fresh faced look


One of my "young beautee's" inboxed me a request for a natural and fresh faced look.
Before I post this, let me clarify that I am 39 and my "fresh faced" days are over with.
With that being said I'm going to try and address what I think a natural and fresh faced look should be for a woman over 30.

I'll first begin with Skincare.

If your skin isn't healthy no amount of makeup in the world is going to "fake" a fresh faced glow. Most of us need a good daily cleanser and weekly exfoliation to remove dead skin and debris.

Secondly, a good mud mask can do wonders to clear pores of gunk and grime.
Pores appear smaller when they are clean. Skin appears more flawless.

Thirdly, a good skin moisterizer for use at bedtime is a must have. I personally also use a skin toner, an under eye hydrator, a skin perfecting serum, yada yada yada.




These are some of my favorite product reccomendations:





Daily facial cleanser: Philosophy Purity made simple      HSN.com






 Weekly deep cleanser: Noxema




Exfoliant: Philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash (bi-weekly)   HSN.com






Mud Mask: Wei East Golden Root Renewal (weekly)   HSN.com





Under eye area: Wei East Advance Eyes Alive (daily and nightly)     HSN.com





Fade cream: Ponds clarent B3 (as needed for blemishes)




Serum: Wei East Goji Defense Serum (nightly)     HSN.com





Beauty Illuminators: Wei East Natural Beauty Perfectors (for that natural
glow)  HSN.com





Makeup

Some rules of makeup to achieve a "fresh faced" look are:

Drop the heavy cream or liquid makeup. You can spot conceal only your blemishs and use a lightweight mouse foundation, a whipped cream foundation, or a cream foundation stick to cover the face. I use mineral loose or pressed powder and that provides me with adequate coverage.    


Covergirl TRUblend micro minerals, PUR pressed mineral makeup SPF15, Nicka K mineral pressed powder



Other Options:
Iman Concealors



Black Opal Foundation Sticks



Maybelline


Next, avoid rouge...puhleeze! Deep ruby lips and crimson cheeks do not say "fresh faced".
Also avoid bright and bold eyeshadow and lipstick colors. Stick to neutrals,  bronzes, peaches, etc. For "beautee's" with richer skin tones, opt for nice cinnamon brown and coppery brown shades. Skip full coverage or matte lipsticks. You will want your natural lipcolor to show thru. Keep it neat and clean.

These are some lipgloss shades that work for me:

Milani lipgloss in Bee Gone, Lip Saavy in Cocoa, Nicka K Lip Shimmer in #04 and #01



Instead of Blush or Rouge....bronzers can add a touch of color to your cheeks. I use my bronzer to contour my cheeks by applying it into the hollows and not the apples.



Pot of Gold bronzer in #02, Wet n Wild Ticket to Brazil, Versace Lights All Over Sun Glow #2001


Apply a natural or nuetral tone eyeshadow from the bottom lid up into the browbone.
Line your eyes with a dark brown liner and use one to two coats of mascara.


Fira Diana Quad, Physicians Formula Earth Minerals Eyeshadow Quad




Optional, finish up with a highlighting powder or cream across the top of the cheeks.
That's a Kim Kardashian makeup artist trick. I luv bronzers and highlighters!


Wet n Wild Reserve Your Cabana, Body Collection highlights foundation, Profusion glimmer powder



So here's my "fresh faced look" un retouched.
 




I hope this was helpful.
Don't forget to subscribe :)












No comments:

Post a Comment